Monday, January 08, 2007

Ain't this a dilemma?

So I get a letter in the mail today from a publisher saying that Being Plumville has been given a favorable review and for me to send the complete manuscript to them.

I've already paid a fee to iUniverse already.

What to do? Should I submit it anyway?

And the funnier thing is I could have SWORN I got a rejection from this publisher, which is one of the main reasons why I decided to do the self-publishing route--even my sis says I did. Then again, I sent this query way back in April of last year and since it's almost eight months later . . .

God really has a sense of humor. Am I excited and thrilled and blessed? Of course! I just don't know what to do now.


ETA: from the publisher's website: We are primarily looking for original works, but we will consider works that have been self-published, e-published or are out of print. Unagented writers are considered.

So I guess that means it's okay if BP is still self-published? Right?


Anonymous said...

Hey send it out there-perhaps your ms got a second reading-in any event for them to ask to see the full is awesome-don't worry-go for it-I will be waiting to hear what happened with baited breath.

Here's to your success


Stephanie said...

Hey Sav,

In this type of situation I would honestly say, go with your gut instinct. It won't ever lead you wrong.

I know I am a loser and haven't checked my blog is months, but I did yesterday and saw that you dropped me a line. Thanks!

I gave you a crazy shout out on my page so when you get the chance, check it out!

Congratulations on your success! This is only the beginning! All I ask is that you remember us little people, when you are all the way at the top of Oprah's Book Club!