Sunday, July 15, 2007

AJ's Serendipity 12--Finale

It's finished! :'(. I'm a little sad about it, actually, and a whole lot more relieved! I would like to thank Ms. Aliyah Burke for letting me use her character for this "fling" of a story, and I want to thank you all for sticking with me! This is it. I doubt there will be more, and there will be no Frankie or Spyros story. Sorry! That was never in the plan and it still isn't. Just AJ and his Samara. Anyway, I hope you enjoy and please forgive errors. For one final time, please check out Ms. Burke's site or go to SYG to read the final chapter.

Enjoy!

~~~~~

“Samara?” he asked cautiously. What did this mean? She wasn’t dressed to go out, but given the time, it was after eleven-thirty at the very least.

Samara made to stand, and he helped her, grasping her hand gently in his. He didn’t let go once she was settled on her feet.

“I told Frankie I wasn’t feeling well,” Samara said quietly and without preamble. “It wasn’t a lie, but it wasn’t a complete truth, either. I needed time to think.”

AJ felt as if his lungs were in a vice, and he squeezed air out and sucked it into his body. “Okay . . .”

A deep breath. “Instead of me coming with you, why don’t you come with me . . . to meet my family?” Samara said in a rush.

Involuntarily, his hand squeezed hers in surprise. “What?”

“I asked if you wanted to meet my family . . . my parents . . .”

“What are you really asking me, Samara?”

Samara blew out a breath and glared at him. “Look, I don’t know if you know this or not, but women don’t like ultimatums, especially Black women. Shoot, we can do bad all by ourselves, and most of the time, it’s not even a choice. But you listen and listen good, Alejandro Kyriakos Melonakos. Just because I love you, don’t think your shit don’t stink, got it?”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet story. I wish there was more.

J said...

Hey sav umm if I ask really, really nice do you think Alejandro might leave Samara for me?

No?
Oh.
Beautifully written, romance that makes me really, really wish that men like this really walked the earth...sigh..

J

Anonymous said...

Unbelievely beautiful story. . . writing from AJ's point of view was refreshing and rewarding. I really enjoyed it. Thanks and keep it coming. Do you have plans to publish an e-book soon?

Anonymous said...

I was so pleased to find a story by you. AJ's Serendipity was so romantic and sweet, I'm floored. Now I must commend you for the flow of the story, and how you truly captured the romance of these two very sweet and interesting characters. The sub characters were great too. Thanks so much for writing this story. JV