Also, I guess to "celebrate" her new site, she tagged me. Pft. Lucky I like her so . . .
Here are the rules:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2.People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
Here are my eight random facts. Enjoy!
1) I play(ed) the viola from elementary school to high school, and some in college, and after graduation (as in the day of) I was on a bus to play at Carnegie Hall with the school district orchestra.
2) I can be heard singing background on Kate Schutt's track Peter Please on her Heart-Shot CD.
3) I don't really like chocolate unless it's wrapped around peanut butter, although I do love hot chocolate.
4) I used to write fan fiction.
5) My favorite Harry Potter character is Severus Snape, followed closely by Albus Dumbledore, and my least favorite character is Harry Potter. Go fig.
6) I am shy.
7) I got into every college to which I applied (5).
8) I multitask because I cannot focus too long on one thing, and if I do, it's an accident :-P
I don't think I know 8 people to tag who haven't already been, so if you want to do this, then feel free.
Anyway, here's an excerpt to Part 7:
She was nude.
There were no straps on her shoulders, and he knew for a fact the swimsuit she’d been wearing had straps. Also, given the way her cheeks were more red than caramel, it seemed she realized he figured out what her current state was.
“Samara?” he asked, confused and a little humbled. “Why?”
She shrugged and took a deep breath, licking her lips. “You asked me to trust you. I said I did, but . . . I haven’t been proving that very well. You also said you wouldn’t hurt me, and I do believe that, too. So . . . I’m doing the final thing you wanted me to do—be myself. This is she, all one hundred eighty pounds of her. I don’t think I’m ever going to get smaller, but I will probably get larger, so I reckon this is the best I’m ever gonna look—”
His mouth cut off the rest of the garbage coming from her mouth, him finally crossing the final distance between them to do so. He gathered her body to him, felt it tremble so violently that he broke the kiss and tucked her face into his neck.
“Shh, my love,” he murmured into her wet hair. He caressed her bare back gently. “It’s okay. Relax. Just feel me. Get used to my body.”
She was so soft and pliant. He loved the armful she made, how every one of her curves fit into his hard body. He swam them over to the ladder and set her on a rung, but still kept her close. Her breasts were mashed into his chest, her nipples hard. Soft, womanly. How could she think he wouldn’t it find it glorious?