Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Hard Drive: 2004-2008

*Cries*

It was a sudden death, one that hadn't been expected. There were no spurts, no fainting spells . . . just the clicking death knell and then silence. Because I had no idea what was going on, I tried to restart it twice . . . and then a third when the Dell people told me to run a diagnostic.

All of my most recent work for Trolling Nights is on that hard drive, as well as the updates I made to The Beauty Within and Reconstructing Jada Channing. BUT, I had updated my backup drive about two weeks ago, so it's not as bad it could've been and sending out some drafts to friends of mine (even if they are in pdfs) was probably the best thing I could've done.

I am not at a point of no return; I am at an inconvenient detour. I thank the Lord that's all it is. However, for those who read this blog, please pray I CAN recover those files. I'd really liked where I was going with Trolling Nights especially, but thank goodness I haven't lost too much that I cannot recreate it. To make things a little more "oy", I'd planned on sending out submissions this week, but I reckon not right now anyway. But . . .

This is definitely not as bad as it could've been But I'll be backing up my docs like a FIEND when I get back up and running, you best believe.

No comments: