Thursday, September 06, 2007

A Six Minute Short Story

This is an exercise I did while in Maui. It is unedited and raw. I promise to share more about what I learned, but I won't be able to decompress until this weekend. In the mean time, I hope you enjoy!

~~~

The chords didn't sound right to him, the dissonance painful instead of uncomfortably soothing. He pounded his fist against the keys, and his ears twitched from the racket he caused.

"Damn it!" he cursed, rubbing the red key prints on his hands.

"Caress the keys," a smoky feminine voice said in his ear.

He jumped, surprised. He'd thought he'd been alone all this time.

She smiled at him, his mentor's daughter, and stood next to him at the piano. She stroked the keys almost erotically, and her fingers fell into place. The chord she played made him shiver with delicious discomfort, the seventh just perfect and accessible to her whereas it'd been elusive to him.

"Sheet music, my ass," she chuckled, patting him on the head before sauntering away.

Growling slightly, he took the paper down.

No comments: